sv-sb: Subversive Pop Star's Stupid Bitch

In the begining there was ME and I said give me money and I was poor, then I said make me happy and their was women followed by darkness and finally I said don't let their be idiots and so there were. I think blogs and most of the internet in general is crap from nobodies I don't care about. Everyone wants to be famous but no one wants to do the work. All you have to do is type type, post on the internet and bam. This is dedicate to all the hopeless that are too stupid to even know.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Long post

Lets get it over with, blah, blah blah the site sucks. The scratchy white font banner thing is ugly and hard to read. I clicked and clicked on links but couldn't figure out what anything was. I did find out that who ever this person is they're a democrat, one of those I can't get over Bush (cry, cry, cry) so I'm going to use every opportunity to take pictures and audio clips and make him look more stupid (I don't know if I mentioned this but I'm not a republican nor am I a whinny democrat who only reads certain parts of the news that says Bush and his friends are evil and they're trying to take over the world). I was under the impression this was an ART website. I guess all you have to do now a days to be an artist is to hate Bush. I wish people would start putting explanations on the front page as to what the hell they are doing.

Moving on to the yellow text. Please read.
If you didn't know there are some folks that believe the telecom companies want to start charging for better internet bandwidth to website. Say large company A pays and large company B doesn't. Large company A's website will have a faster connection meaning visitors will load the site faster (assuming you're on DSL or cable modems). Large company B gets a slower connection and so... I don't know people won't go to the website anymore because they decided what they wanted wasn't important enough. Well they tried to pass a bill that wouldn't allow this and it got voted down (by republicans and democrats alike). In many ways I think this could be the best thing for people as a whole society. CNN's report says, "Most Americans believe that if you play fair and work hard, you'll get ahead". Are you serious? If that's true most American's are ignorant to reality. The reality is that there is so much crap on the internet its become a breeding ground for misinformation and factual information alike. There are no laws requiring anyone to disclaimer fact and fiction. There are no laws about harassing people, or using websites to load unwanted material onto your computer, of using a program to search every web page to find email addresses and send them spam. There are no laws because the internet is not a public forum. It never was and anyone who thinks otherwise needs a wake up call.
TV is not a public forum (except public broadcast, one channel packed with crap and thats an fCC rule.) we get no say on what commercials we see if at all. The big companies pay lots of money to get low station numbers so they're the first we find.
The phones are not public domain. We pay for a service and they give it to us. It's in their right to alter that service and if we still pay for it then that just make them smarter. They are the company owners not us. We don't tell them what to do we just have been buying their product since the day we had money of our own. So if they want to alter the internet they can. It's your choice on whether you pay for their service or not.
Remember we didn't have the internet twenty years ago, it wasn't necessary we've all have just gotten used to it. I almost wish the evil telecoms do it. It would probably cut down on the crap useless websites and the spam sites filled with ads trying to make money. But I would never be so luck. All that will happen is that the bussiness that pay will get better connections and all others will compensate. Web design will become more functional stripping away the over used and useless add-ons (I was getting tired of everyone and their mother using flash for everything and putting streaming video on their pages). The websites with content will still have content only it will be easier to come by. The websites that relied on stealing other people's videos, pictures, etc will become empty shells.
The saddest part about this is that we do have the power to do something but everyone is too lazy and afraid of change to do so. Stop using the internet, stop giving them money or at the very least if this does happen boycott the business that pay for the faster service and let them see what they aren't getting for their money. Sound good right, of course when you find out that eBay, or CNN, or Google will be the first to shell out money then you'll have second thoughts.
So now as I finish my soap box speech put your fist in the air and yell, IMPRISON YOURSELVES KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

p.s. freedom of speech is that and only that. It never guaranteed a venue for your speech or that anyone would listen.

http://artcontext.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home