sv-sb: Subversive Pop Star's Stupid Bitch

In the begining there was ME and I said give me money and I was poor, then I said make me happy and their was women followed by darkness and finally I said don't let their be idiots and so there were. I think blogs and most of the internet in general is crap from nobodies I don't care about. Everyone wants to be famous but no one wants to do the work. All you have to do is type type, post on the internet and bam. This is dedicate to all the hopeless that are too stupid to even know.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Tip toe through the tulips

Any of you old enough to remember Tiny Tim? I'm not talking Chuck Dickens Tiny Tim. I'm talking tall weird looking guy who sang and played the ukulele. Well, Jake Shimabukuro isn't weird looking but I am going to nominate him for dork of the year. As you can see from the thumbnail he tries hard to look cool but how cool can you be when you play the ukulele in a rock band. Okay, I know how that sounds, pretty cool.

http://www.jakeshimabukuro.com/

Jake makes the ukulele as cool as wearing a star trek outfit to your wedding, no that's cool too...
as cool as going into a British pub during a soccer match and changing the TV to the sci-fi channel (don't get me wrong I like the sci-fi channel although the other day instead of having a twilight zone marathon they were showing wrestling... Weird.)
Jake views the ukulele as an "“untapped source of music with unlimited potential."”
I view the ukulele as a little guitar for babies. I don't count myself a great guitar player but I know what I'm doing and I've fiddled with a ukulele before and it just doesn't seem all that challenging with less strings and less places to put your fingers on the fret board. Sure you need some finger dexterity to strum fast but every day at the near by coffee shop there's this guy who plays guitar for free and his fingers can hit every string one at a time faster than I can see.
So what make Jake so special? The most I can gather is that I've seen him before on a video clip. Anyone can get famous if you have a video clip because it's cool and anyone who disagrees is uncool. Everyone has to jump on board and say how amazing it is even if they have no clue what they're talking about. It's a little bit of fame for everyone. The people in the clip get noticed and the people who comment get noticed. I think it's sad that these folks don't have the self esteem to go on by themselves without getting noticed in some way. That's my opinion.
go to the website, that someone spent way too much money on for Hawaiian with a ukulele and don't forget to scroll down to the bottom of the page. A song will automatically play and you can hear the smooth sounds of ukulele rock.


**Disclaimer - One of my ex-girlfriends lived in Hawaii so I'm biased against the whole island chain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home