sv-sb: Subversive Pop Star's Stupid Bitch

In the begining there was ME and I said give me money and I was poor, then I said make me happy and their was women followed by darkness and finally I said don't let their be idiots and so there were. I think blogs and most of the internet in general is crap from nobodies I don't care about. Everyone wants to be famous but no one wants to do the work. All you have to do is type type, post on the internet and bam. This is dedicate to all the hopeless that are too stupid to even know.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Disgust

So I sat here looking at this website for a while thinking, wow... wow. This girl is good and innovative. This is the first time I'd seen an artist capable of this level of realism to make the subjects and backgrounds unreal. Then I kept looking and kept looking. There was something wrong. None of the paintings felt like they had any emotion behind them (having this sixth sense is from hanging around too many artists). The difference between a bad painting and a good painting is that you can see the emotion in a good painting, the artist leaks it into every stroke. A bad artist/painting just puts something on canvas for alternate reason, because they thought the image would sell or someone told them too. or... digitally composed images don't have any emotion in them either...
so I look around the website a little more, specifically the bio/making of section and their it was in all it's disgust. Photoshop.
This gal take a picture (and I don't mean takes the photo, she takes a picture from magazines or from someone else) puts it on her computer, enlarges the eyes, cuts out the background and puts pretty little colors in not to mention she uses one of the prefabricated filters that photoshop has to make it look like the image was created with a brush.
I thought it was odd that she had so many "paintings". Unless she was very famous she wouldn't have been able to paint that many things in less than three years, the time and cost would be huge.
In case you haven't following along, digitally composed images are not art and have no value, because like I said they have no emotion, there is not as much skill involved if I want a square on my computer I use the square tool if I want specific colors I use the color picker instead of making the perfect square and mixing colors by hand, plus digital works can be endlessly reproduced making owning one worthless. Some of the minor issues is that with digital art you never mess up, you never learn from your mistakes because you can undo or delete, digital people never tell you out right that its a digital image as if they're trying to sneak it past you. And I can go on and on.
http://www.calirezo.com/
she has a good eye for graphic design but no way of putting emotion in her images with a pixel brush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home