sv-sb: Subversive Pop Star's Stupid Bitch

In the begining there was ME and I said give me money and I was poor, then I said make me happy and their was women followed by darkness and finally I said don't let their be idiots and so there were. I think blogs and most of the internet in general is crap from nobodies I don't care about. Everyone wants to be famous but no one wants to do the work. All you have to do is type type, post on the internet and bam. This is dedicate to all the hopeless that are too stupid to even know.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

The language of idiots

http://www.wikipedia.org/
There was nothing ever good about this concept actually.
Let's let everyone contribute their "knowledge" to an information resource and call it fact.
Yes, I know the articles are monitored etc. etc but it still doesn't help fix the differentiation of peoples personal opinions, beliefs and concepts. The reason we as human beings exist today is largely because of language. Ladies and gentlemen can you tell be what language is? It's a series of sounds that we make in order to represent things, emotions and ideas. Without this ability to communicate we would not be able to teach each other or advance. So when some when thinks that everyone should get a say on the definition of a word I have to take a step back and shout, "are you a complete moron!"
wikipedia is contributing to the degradation of language, grammar and education. I know it sound alarmist and like I'm trying to panic everyone but you're hearing it happen right now. Listen to the younger generations speak, they burn through new, slang, lingo and catch phrase faster then any generation before them. Partly because we have worldwide and instant access to information and partly because online resources (that they believe and trust) tell them it's okay. I can't tell you how many kids I've over heard or seen using wikipedia as an actual resource. And it's parents fault too for not telling them or knowing that wikipedia is not a trustable resource. 9 out of 10 times it could be right but that one time, that one time could mean someone walking around believing that WWII was all faked.
Now that I've gone completely insane I do want to say that wikipedia is a problem if only that people continue to treat it as 100% fact.
It's also a problem because if I hear one other person use wiki to replace dictionary or encyclopedia I will do something brutal with and inanimate object and their bodily orifices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home