sv-sb: Subversive Pop Star's Stupid Bitch

In the begining there was ME and I said give me money and I was poor, then I said make me happy and their was women followed by darkness and finally I said don't let their be idiots and so there were. I think blogs and most of the internet in general is crap from nobodies I don't care about. Everyone wants to be famous but no one wants to do the work. All you have to do is type type, post on the internet and bam. This is dedicate to all the hopeless that are too stupid to even know.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Losing my religion

I learned about http://www.ikarma.com/ about a year ago when it first came out. Now the premise is great, something I can really get behind. It undoes the anonymity that the internet created or at least it sounds like it should.
What you do is sign up for an account using your email address and people can rate you and leave comments. That way is your an ass people will know your an ass. In my mind this had a lot of great potential. Of course there are several loop holes like disposable email addresses and anonymous proxies to re-rate yourself. Being the civil minded fellow that I am and since I thought that this could change the way the internet worked I decided to send an email to the company in regards to these flaws. The letter I received went something like this:

Dear Sir,
We thank you for your appreciation and interest. We at IKarma are aware of certain holes in the system and are working to fix potential problems. However the service we offer is not geared toward individuals but business that way we can make money off of ads and rigging rates for people who give us money.
Thank you and have a nice day.

I added some flare to the summary but it's a summary none the less. IKarma is for business and so has nothing to do with the issue of folks running around willy nilly across the internet doing, saying and downloading whatever without repercussion. And as far as it goes for a business service I can't see them getting very far. The people who would have a bad reputation would either rig their own ratings through the various holes or not participate. It's not like it means anything if they don't have an account their. Someone's not going to say, "what's your I Karma account? Don't got one? Well, I can't do business with you." (That's what unions are for).
I mean no offense, like I said they have a good idea they just rely on the one thing that I learned to never rely on, people caring. People caring enough to rate people and people caring enough to sign up for an account because unless they have a widespread epidemic of themselves they have no service worth value, a catch 22.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home