sv-sb: Subversive Pop Star's Stupid Bitch

In the begining there was ME and I said give me money and I was poor, then I said make me happy and their was women followed by darkness and finally I said don't let their be idiots and so there were. I think blogs and most of the internet in general is crap from nobodies I don't care about. Everyone wants to be famous but no one wants to do the work. All you have to do is type type, post on the internet and bam. This is dedicate to all the hopeless that are too stupid to even know.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Top 10

Personal recommendations sites should have taken off a long time ago. These websites are designed to finds thing based on recommendations of other people and they've been around for a while but it only just seems like they're beginning to pick up.
http://www.listsofbests.com is slightly different in that you can make a list of people, places and things giving it the ability to be a little less dependent on selling things and advertising. Like all of these types of sites the major problem is people, at least in my opinion. People like pop and I guess that's what makes it popular. They like things that are easy to understand and other people can chat with them about. So in the end it makes most of these list very similar. I guess another problem is that people assume the things they care about or are interested in everyone else should be too. Someone's 1001 things to do before you die list is not my 1001 things list. The best use you can get out of these list is starting a new hobby or interest, say you want to see more horror flick find a list and you can get started on the most popular films.
Like I said it's the new trend of sales, personalization, but their are other sites with better functionality out there. Amazon.com does a better job but you have to be haunted by the advertising they slip in when they recommend a book they're trying to sell that week.
I even made a demo list of my own but don't take too much credibility from it, I was reaching for things to list.
http://www.listsofbests.com/list/11455/compare/subv

dang i feel all warm and fuzzy for being nice about this site full of egomanical people who believe they have experienced enough of everything to know what is best for people, like the prattle of the davinci code or the cool and edgey clock work orange.
There I feel better now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home